Saturday, July 7, 2012

Shako II Napoleonic Game

Got to play some Napoleonics today down at the shop.  After playing several rules systems over the years, I believe I've found the one I like the most, Shako II.  Each unit is a battalion or battery and each side can easily run a corp.  I find the command and control system works well without bogging down game play.  Yes, it has it's problems, but all and all it runs pretty smoothly and concludes in a realistic manner.  The best part is we can get a corp level game finish in a few hours.  Another thing I like about it is that there is a scenario book that you can buy for the system, and from what I understand, more are in the works. 
Austrians (left side) defending the river against the French (right side.)

A view from behind the Austrian lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment